Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Artsy Wednesday T.2


Rory's interview 

Name: Charlotte Desiree (Rory)
Age: 29
Occupation: Geography teacher
Country: The
Netherlands

1. Tell us why, how and when you started crafting?
My craft has to do with baking. I love to bake, always have. I remember baking cakes when I was about 8 years old (of course together with my mom or dad).  Over the years I started looking into different cookbooks in search of the perfect cake. I can tell you, there are soooooo many perfect cakes. And so I started making different types of cakes. Some of them where amazing, others not so much.
One of my other hobbies is travelling and during my travels (wherever I am) I always plan a visit to the baking section of a grocery store. Looking at all the different products. I also like to nose around in second hand book shops, looking for cookbooks from different countries.

2. Why do you love crafting?
It is nice to be passionate about something. I also like the fact that I keep learning new skills and that over time my cakes become better and prettier.

3. What is your favourite type of craft?
Although I love baking cakes I have developed an interest for decorating cakes. Different colours and different designs. Every cake is different and that’s what I like about it. If I feel like making a pink princess cake, I make one, if I feel like a pirate cake, I make one. It just really reflects my mood.

4. What is the most pretty thing you have made?
The prettiest cake I’ve made so far is the one I made for my B-day a couple of years ago. The design is completely my own. And beside the fact that I had a lot of fun making it, I am very proud of the result.
My birthday cake
5. Tell us why your crafts are special?
Each of my cakes is unique and made with care.

6. What do you use for inspiration?
I love to browse through different cook books. I also use internet a lot. I tend to look up pictures of cakes and then try to discover how I they decorated the cake.

7. Would you like to show us were you do your craft magic?
My crafts usually take place in the kitchen and at the dining room table. You need a lot of work surfaces to make and decorate cakes and my kitchen is rather small.

8. Would you like to share a fun craft tutorial with us?
 I will be posting some baking/decorating tutorials on rosas.lollapalooza in the near future.

9. What sort of crafting would you like to try out?
One of the things I would really like to do is make a patchwork quilt. It would be amazing to make something pretty with so many different colours and prints.

10. Have you got any advice for those who would love to start crafting?
Sign yourself up for a classic workshop cake decorating. They give you all the basics you need to know. Another reason to sign up is that all the materials are quite expensive. Usually when you do a workshop they already have all the materials and so you learn how to use them. If you really like it, you can decide to buy the tools you think you’ll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rory and Sadie are sitting in a tree...
R E A D I N G.....All your lovely comments!