Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Artsy Wednesday T.3

Our third, but first Artsy Wednesday guest Post. We are very excited to present a wonderfully talented lady!

Thank you again, Veetje! 

Veetje's interview

Name: Veetje
Age: 27 years
Occupation: Art teacher at an elementary school for children with learning disorders
Country: Belgium













1. Tell us why, how and when you started crafting?
As long as I can remember, crafting was part of my life. My dad used to make our own toys, my mum made fantastic drawings and there was always something to create at home. I’ve always knew that crafting would be important for me. So after my teachers degree I studied art, so I could pass the “crafting-bug” to children. Now crafting is always around me: as relaxation and in my professional life in class.

 

2. Why do you love crafting?
Crafting makes me calm and helps me to develop myself as a person. When I craft the whole world seems to disappear and there is no room for nerves. It gives me satisfaction to create new things.

3. What is your favourite type of craft?
I truly enjoy many types of crafting! I love to draw, to paint, to mosaic, to crochet, to photograph, ... and to invent new projects for the children at school. I prefer to work with recycled materials, at school, at home and even so in my sewing projects. Papier-mâché is one of my favourite techniques. It’s nice to see something that would be wasted, developing in a brand new crafty object!

4. What is the most pretty thing you have made?
I’m always glad when a gift turns out really great and the receiver is truly happy! I cannot pick one thing as “the most pretty one”, because in every craft there is some love. But I am very proud and happy with my own craft book "Knip, de Knutselkip" (= "Knip, the Crafting chicken"). It's kind of a compilation of craftwork that I invented for my kids at school. It contains 101 crafting projects, all explained very clear, with drawings and a picture of the result. It’s still an amazing feeling to be able to share my ideas with the world. I 'm also very grateful and thankful towards my publisher, for the trust and the possibility to make this dream come true.

5. Tell us what makes your crafts special?
I think they‘re special in there simplicity. My crafts are real, uncomplicated and they are made to beautify my surrounding.

6. What do you use for inspiration?
I ‘m always looking for beautiful stuff around my: nice photographs in magazines,  stunning spaces, great compositions, inspiring art on the internet,... Everything that surrounds me, can stimulate my creativity.


7. Would you like to show us were you do your craft magic?
This would be my classroom and my study/craft-room at home.















8. Would you like to share a fun craft tutorial with us?
With pleasure!  Just let me know ;)

9. What sort of crafting would you still love to try out?
Sculpting with real big chunks of wood or stone.

10. Have you got any advice for those who would love to start crafting?
Go with the flow, follow your instincts and don’t be afraid to experiment! Always try new stuff, because the you’ll never know what talent you may discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rory and Sadie are sitting in a tree...
R E A D I N G.....All your lovely comments!