Thursday, February 23, 2012

Self Portraits

My lovely Husband is a very talented man! He loves to bake (you should try his cheesecake, or the mouth watering, delicious chocolate mousse cake but also the lovely homemade breads and croissants he makes), he is brilliant around the house and husband did win three or four seasons of playing Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms.
If that didn’t  impress you, please look at the wonderful wall art he made of us......

His own portrait he made when he was about fifteen years old. A few weeks ago Husband started making one of me. I preferred my name to be on the background as his name is so dominating in his self portrait. I LOVE the end result.
And I (we) are going to explain how you can make some lovely self portraits, in these upcoming eight steps, yourself!
Step 1.
Find a photo of yourself, or anything you like to paint.













Step 2.
If you don’t have a light box (and you can’t make one like Husband did) you can do what I do and that is to stick the picture on a window. (you need daylight)
Step 3.
Trace you photo or picture on white paper that you hold (or stick with some selotape, to hold in place) on to your picture. Because of the light this would be very easy.
Step 4.
Now you have a traced drawing. If you like it bigger than the original you need a beamer to enlarge it.
Step 5.
Now you need to scan this picture onto your computer. (if you don’t have this, you could try to take a picture of it and download it to your computer)
Step 6.
Connect the beamer to your laptop or computer and project the picture on a bare wall and adjust the size until you have found the size you want.
Step  7.
Now trace this size onto a larger piece of paper. Husband also added my name.













Step 8.
Because we did not want any colour to overlap, we wrote down which colour which number was. (1 – blue , 2 – red and so on) Then we wrote the number in the picture, in this case, my face. Now we knew which colour needed to go were.
 

Of course you don’t need to do this if you like to just paint as you go.
Let it dry and Done! Beautiful self portraits!
 

I LOVE it. And I love my very talented husband too.......

1 comment:

Rory and Sadie are sitting in a tree...
R E A D I N G.....All your lovely comments!